Thursday, July 27, 2006

Replicating applications

Teeedious! I know application forms are important and a snapshot of someone's life and career, but boy are they an effort to wade through. I've been through ninety in the last two days and my brain feels like a pool of partially congealed gravy.

Please, don't get me wrong - I'm not saying anything about the people who are applying for the position we're advertising - it's just that wading through nearly a hundred forms of information is kind of brain-numbing, even for the most alert minded of people.

I need to just relax my brain ... by recalling the 'excitement' of seeing the Prime Minister yesterday. A few of us caught a glimpse of him as he swiftly made his way from the building he'd emerged from into his waiting Range Rover. True to form, I shouted "Alright Tone?" at him but, sadly, he must have not heard me properly because he disappeared into the car as fast as a rat out of an aquaduct.

I bet he's got an interesting CV though.

No comments: