Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thank you Secret Santa

I don't know who he or she is but I love them. If you don't know what Secret Santa is, it's one of those stupid ideas that got made up by someone, once upon a time that is still around now. And actually, it's not so stupid, it's actually quite nice and even good fun.

The idea is simple. At your place of work you pick a name of a colleague out of a hat, buy them a pressie worth about a fiver (or more if you work in London or Haverford West), wrap it and lob it in a box. On the big day, someone dresses up as the big, fat jolly fella and hands out the gifts. The thing is though, no-one knows who has bought which present. It's all very exciting, especially as some people get crap presents and others get truly wonderful ones.

Well, guess who got a wonderful one? Moi. Oh yes indeedy. I got a Birmingham City scarf and how chuffed was I? Very, extremely a lot chuffed. It's something I've been meaning to get for years as my old scarf died when I was about 16 and ever since I've always felt a bit naked in the neck department so this was the perfect gift. The only downside is that as I don't know who bought it for me, I can't thank them. Maybe they'll read this and then they'll now how really grateful I am. I wonder what I'll get next year?

Birmingham City pants maybe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Secret Santa! I always look forward to receiving my fiver's worth. It's been especially funny these past (2) years, as our Company moved into a really, really expensive part of London, Not a POSH part, you understand, just an expensive part. Of course, nearly everyone leaves it to the last minute (the day of the office party) so trying to find anything for a fiver round there (apart from a Sainsburys sandwich) requires a valliant effort. It's at S/S. time that you find out who has a Pound Shop near them. Bring it on ....