Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Blogging on Boxing Day

Well Christmas is over for another year and as a result, the sales are already on. We're being inundated with ads on the telly for 'massive discounts on all sofas', 'huge price reductions on shagpile carpets' and 'amazing savings on all printers'. Oh the joys of retail mania. I don't know if any of you brave souls will be venturing out to DFS, Carpetrite or PC World today, 'cos I know I definitely won't be.

So if you're not going to be buying stuff you can't afford, maybe you'll be enjoying your Xmas pressies? I did really well on the gift front. My top pressies included 'Monty Python & The Holy Grail' on DVD (along with 'the Meaning of Life'); the new Bill Bryson book; some very funky new shoes, a Jamie Oliver 'flavour-shaker' and ... well, it can only be described as a suspiciously sexual-looking banana-holder. Just see the photo and we'll talk about it no more.

Well, as I type I'm having a Skype conference call with my two sisters (one in the UK and one in the USA) which is always an incredible experience. This is because my two sisters are loudest human beings on the planet. Really. However, I'm pretty loud too so when we are all talking at the same time, we can shatter windows and make birds drop out of the sky with no problem. If you add in various nieces, nephews and other relatives it can end up sounding like Krakatoa on steroids. It's just great to chat to everyone though.

Ah well, it's time to head off to some more in-laws now for yet more food and drink although unbelievably, I only drank one glass of wine yesterday. This must mean I'm not 100% well, which I'm not. And no, it's not man-flu either, before you ask. I'm sure I shall soldier manfully on despite my illness and suffering.

And I'll only get hammered to be polite. Obviously.

No comments: