Thursday, December 14, 2006

One in 52,000,000

Apparently I'm a minority. I'm one in only 52 million people who have their own blog. I've just been reading about a report by some analysts that says that blogging is set to peak in 2007. Ooh, I hope I don't peak too early.

Anyway, the story (click the title of this posting to take you to the BBC site) says that "during the middle of next year the number of blogs will level out at about 100 million". However, what's more interesting is that according to the report by analysts Gartner, 200 million people had stopped writing their blogs. Now this got me thinking about this blog. Back on the 25th Jan 2006, I wrote in a posting about my blog fatigue, saying that the 'pressure' of having to come up with (hopefully) witty and interesting stuff regularly is actually quite pressurised. So I decided that I'd just post my thoughts when I felt like it and not when I felt I should. This made a big difference and in fact, I now blog every 1-2 days but if I have to leave it any longer, then that's OK by me.

So I suppose 2 million people just couldn't face the self-imposed pressure of writing stuff on a regular basis. A major factor for me keeping on writing, is the feedback (be it emails or comments), that I get from you, my loyal and lovely readers. It's provides me with a real incentive to continue my vague ramblings and inane thoughts.

So thank you for reading and remember: You're born and then you die, so you may as well enjoy the bit in the middle...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apologies if this has gone through twice. Cannot work out if the first one has gone through. If it has already arrived, just ignore the below ... Ta !

'ello.
I'm not a regular commentator, but I do read your scribbles on an regular basis. To add my thoughts to yours, I love it when I read other folks comments to what has been written (on the very few blogs that I do look at). But, here, on yours, your commentators seem to be very shy. It's been a rare occasion when I've seen any.
I know that you get e/mails, and the 'personal' touch, but, oh how I would like to know what others are thinking.
Nosey ? Probably. Interested ? Most definately !
So, come on you readers of this blog, reply on here. Let's (maybe) get some dialog going. Even if it's just to tell me what lousy English/spelling (whatever) I have.
Seasons Greetings to one and all.
M

Anonymous said...

Swaino...

Hidee Hi from the eastern Caribbean.. just thought I'd let you know how appreciated your regualr bogs are over her.. I only log on every week or so and I'm always greeted with a wealth of blog to read through... joy!!!

Started to encourage those around me to read your blogs but I'm not sure there is the same appeal to the indian/filipino market... oh well they like the pics..

Keep blogging Big Dick

Smaller Dick xx