Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ghostly thoughts

As it's Hallowe'en (note the pedantic, correct spelling), I've been thinking about spooky things, witches, ghosts, monsters and ghoulies (not goolies - that's someting else entirely). So, apparitions and poltergeists are things that we all think may be there but we never see. Something else which I know is there but never see are comments from my dear readers. That's you.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful that a few misguided souls out there actually peruse my little literary oasis, sitting here quietly on the interwebnet. I'm also eternally grateful to those of you who do pop your thoughts in the old Comments box and share them with the rest of us - especially my super comment-er who so kindly gives regular feedback on my inane ramblings. I'd just love to hear thoughts from the rest of you from time to time. Really, I would. Really.

It's really easy to do. You just click on the word 'Comments' which is below each posting. In the box that opens just scroll to the space where you type in what you want to say, complete the word verification section and then choose 'anonymous' or 'other' (unless you are a fellow Blogger) as your identity and click "Publish your comment'. You're done. Easy. Then I can put your feedback on the site and your valued input will be there for the world to see. Ain't that just swell?

Failing that - just send cash to my PayPal account.

7 comments:

Kelvin Aston said...

Oh dear. Appealing for comments? That'll never work!

Or possibly it just has. Hmmmm...

Oh, and bravo on your pedantry. I also ALWAYS spell the abbreviation of All Hallows' Eve in that manner. Although I have to confess that I'm not too sure on the correct position of the apostrophe in the verbose version...

Ehem. Time to get a life!

Anonymous said...

I fail to see why I should post comments on here, when I talk to you about your blog in person at work. Verbally assaulting your readers seems cruel and undignified. If you're trying to alienate us then it's working. I'll bid you good day sir!

P.S. I shall talk to you about this at work tomorrow

Micky B said...

Tried to help you out with PayPal, but got told I could only pay gas bills at a P.P. point. As I didn't take the gas bill with me, I went to Waterstone's, with the stash instead. Thanks for that little treat.

Micky B said...

Msg for 'civil partner'. Appreciate your comments, but perhaps some commenters would like to know what you say to blog-person about his blog ? Perhaps we too, are interested ? Perhaps we (me) are just nosey ?

Anonymous said...

Msg for 'Micky'. Apologies for excluding you and other readers out of said conversations. I do make an effort to leave comments on here if i feel other people will get something out of them, but a lot of what is discussed is either personal, or just benaal day to day comments.
I shall make extra effort, from here on in, to comment more on my friends blog!

Micky B said...

Msg for 'civil partner'. Wow ! You sound just like my Manager whenever he's asked why we haven't had a Team meeting since he took over the Team ? :-)

Miss B said...

Well sir, I have found your blog, and so I shall try to contribute long as I'm welcome. I don't believe I'll be able to match the exquisite vocabulary of above commentators, however I shall put forth my very best effort! :) peace

Miss B
p.s. *note to self - must find out what the heck pedantry is*