Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Up, up and away!

In just over a month I shall be embarking on my first ever hot air balloon flight. I'm so excited at the prospect of floating silently above the beautiful Peak District on a warm July evening. It promises to be a spectacular and memorable experience.

The only problem is that I am having trouble deciding which moments of this momentous journey should be captured on video and which on a stills camera. To be honest I'm going to look like a complete saddo/tourist as I struggle to contol my equipment (oo-err) in the tight confines of a wicker basket, packed in like sardines with a dozen or so wind-powered thrill-seekers.

Oh well. It's a minor thing and as long as we at least a) take off and b) land, I shall be a happy man. Mind you, I'll be even happier if I manage to emulate my dad's 60th birthday balloon flight. As they landed in a ploughed field, the basket tipped over and my dad landed on a 'large-chested' lady. A soft landing after all, as he recalls.

Fingers crossed then.

No comments: