Monday, April 23, 2007

A good leathering

You can't beat a bit of leather. No, this isn't a kinky segway into a posting about thigh-length boots, S&M and dodgy lederhosen. It's simply letting you know the we have entered the world of leather sofas. Oh yes. Excitement abounds because we had our new leather suite delivered on Friday and it's luvverly.

Now I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of leather sofas previously. I think they're a bit like Marmite (or Vegemite for my Australian readers) because you either love 'em or hate 'em. Of course cheap leather looks like a rhino's arse but the good quality stuff looks, feels and even smells fabulous. Mind you, I didn't realise that you had to actually look after leather. It's like suddenly having a couple of children. You have to clean them and 'feed' them, otherwise they get grubby, dried-up and ancient-looking. Rather like Judith Chalmers. However, I've now totally changed my mind about leather sofas. They are so comfy, luxurious and (once the initial chill has gone) warm. Yum.

Well enough chitty-chat. I'm off to the lounge, to lounge on the three-seater before moving over to the two-seater and finally giving the big pouffe a bit of attention. The problem now is, I don't know which sofa is my favourite so I guess I shall have to spend hour after hour lazing around until I'm happy.

Dunno who'll do the housework...?

No comments: