Friday, April 20, 2007

Blogging is hard graft

It is. But then I suppose it depends on what you're blogging about. If you blog about something that has a constant supply of ever-changing information, then posting your thoughts on all this info is pretty easy. So if you blog about sport, or politics or music or technology then you have fresh material to talk about all the time.

However, if you have to create your own content, things are a little harder. If your blog is supposed to be mildly amusing then it gets harder still. Such is life for me and as a result I often spend ages trying to come up with something that fits the remit I gave myself for YBATYD which was to look at human nature in a way that may just raise a smile for my readers.

I've specifically chosen to make YBATYD a place that's suitable for everyone and by that I mean that it shouldn't upset or offend, unless the words 'bloody' and 'poo' bother you. There have been times when I thought that I could get much more laughter-mileage out of a more adult orientated blog but decided that would just be taking the easy route. Mind you, there was this time I was in a Nigerian massage parlour with eleven Danish netball players ....

So, today's posting is just me musing about the sometimes Herculean effort I have to make to get something worth reading up on the Tinterweb. Obviously deciding whether or not it actually is worth the effort is entirely subjective so I just have to go with what I think works. Hopefully I get it right more often than not.

So, what amusing and witty comment shall I bring you today? Er ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're anything like me, you'll be able to make folk shake their heads with laughter at the most (innocent) thing you've just said or done.

Ain't LIFE wonderful !

Go run in today's Marathon. That'll give you plenty to blog about.