Friday, November 17, 2006

Podcasts and parking

OK, it's podcast number three tomorrow so you'd better get downloading / subscribing. It's also the start of the ELF cup as well. Oh yes - I know you share my excitement on that one. Mind you, I do think I've been a bit remiss with regards to me, myself, yours truly recently. What do I mean? Well, this is supposed to be a blog that includes the things that I am up to, as well as all the stuff going on in the world in general. So I'm going to ensure you get to hear more of the mundane segments of my life along with the more exciting, global stuff. Oh yes.

However, that can all wait because I'm tired and need to hit the sack. Oh, I nearly forgot - here's a mundane slice of my life, right now. I got stuck in the multi-storey car park for 20 minutes today. It was great. You have to drive up a big curved ramp to get to the car park barrier and when I arrived there today, a car was sitting there doing nothing (apart from having it's engine running and brake lights on). I instantly got annoyed because it only takes 7 nano-seconds to collect a ticket from the ticket machine, the barrier to raise and the car to get going. Well, it turned out that this women tried to pre-pay by credit card (which you can do) but the sodding machine swallowed her card.

After 5 minutes there were 7 cars all backed up the ramp behind me so escape was impossible. What did I do? Scream, shout, beep my horn, rev my engine, sacrifice a lamb? No. I turned the engine off, popped my iPod on and slipped into a chilled-music-induced coma for 15 perfect minutes.

My peace was shattered when a car park attendant (bit of a scrote) lumbered up and started bashing the ticket machine in a sort of Neanderthal-esque attempt to remove the woman's credit card. Well he got it sorted eventually and I finally managed to park my car. I was kind of hoping that the whole thing could have taken much longer and then I could have enjoyed the rest of my wonderfully soporific music, but my joy was cruelly cut short.

Ain't life a bitch?

No comments: