Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just a quickie!

I've just got in from work and I've had a long day. Got another long day tomorrow so I'm not going to do a lengthy post. Even 40 year old blokes need their beauty sleep. Actually, I need a lot of beauty sleep. Anyway, I met someone today who is tri-lingual. he speaks English, German and Spanish. Now I really admire people who can speak other languages.

I always remember being taught French in school. It was ridiculous because we spent weeks learning reflexive verbs and sub-congugated, pre-raphaelite nouns in French, when we didn't even know what the bloody hell they were in English. And don't even talk to me about learning German. It's a really tricky language to learn and, if I recall, has three tenses - masculine, feminine and neutral. I think. "Die deutsche Sprache ist einfach zu erlernen und eine Freude, zum zu sprechen". If you can translate that I shall buy you a beer. Possibly.

Anyway, enough rambling. And enough foreign languages. Hold on though - this is fun." 私は寢て疲れ、必要性である。明日私達はヤギの農場に行く"。Tranlsated from Chinese, that means "I am tired and need to go to sleep. Tomorrow we shall go to the goat farm". Ha! Just a couple more. I know you're enjoying this. How about "Mijn knieën zijn zwak wegens de hoge winden. Ik kan nu het strijken doen niet". That's Dutch for "My knees are weak because of the high winds. I cannot do the ironing now". And finally "Le signore nel villaggio sono impaurite dei fiori gialli. Dobbiamo utilizzare l'aerostato magico per fuoriuscire". In Italian it sounds enchanting but in English it sounds rather disturbing - "The ladies in the village are afraid of the yellow flowers. We must use the magic balloon to escape".

I think I should lie down. (Σκέφτομαι ότι πρέπει να ξαπλώσω - in Greek)

3 comments:

Micky B said...

"Mijn knieën zijn zwak wegens de hoge winden. Ik kan nu het strijken doen niet".

That's had 'em going in my Team for the past couple of days. No-one got it's translation. Bad omen. Guess that means we won't be winning the EuroSquillions tonight.

Micky B said...

"Le signore nel villaggio sono impaurite dei fiori gialli. Dobbiamo utilizzare l'aerostato magico per fuoriuscire".

My Manager got part of it ... A Good Omen. So perhaps I'll be able to go part time next week, after all.

Anonymous said...

whose been playing with the translator on their dashboard then...?