Sunday, September 24, 2006

A lovely pair

In lieu of anything interesting to write - see the lack of postings recently - I am letting you know that we have a lovely pair of pear trees in our garden. Oh yes. And the good news is that both trees have produced a bumper crop this year. Nice one global warming.

The bad news is that I don't know any pear recipes, other than 'pears with a bit of ice cream' which is not the most imaginative culinary creation. I've tried to invent some but 'pears in gravy', 'pear and liver roulade', 'stir fried pears' and 'pears au tripe' just don't seem appealing. Or edible.

So, if anyone has an exciting, vibrant and cosmoplitan suggestion as to what I can do with a lovely pear, please drop me an email and I'll give it a try.

Or I could just let them all rot.

No comments: