Friday, September 15, 2006

Ear ear

You know those ridiculous-looking bluetooth headsets? Well, if you do use one because you really need to, I apologise but honestly - they are just hilarious and are worn exclusively by blokes trying to look like someone from Star Trek who's expecting an intergalactic message from the chief Klingon at any second. Sorry, but they just make me laugh.

So imagine my joy today when I saw my first ever woman who was wearing one and not only that, she was about 50 as well. Now that amused me enough, but wait - this is the best bit. She had colour-co-ordinated her earpiece with her outfit! Her Klingon headset was blue and black, as were her earrings and she was wearing a black suit with a blue scarf. She still looked berserk with a lump of plastic nailed to the side of her head, but she was doing it with style.

Don't think she'd have looked as good in just her support tights though.

1 comment:

Kelvin Aston said...

Ehem.

I'll have you know I use a Bluetooth headset regularly. I don't walk around town with it on (I have some shame) but I do use it more than the average person (ie not just in the car). Allow me to explain...

I live in Wales. The reception here is anything between poor and "why don't you just get a couple of paper cups and some string?". So, when in the house, if I can't get good reception, I'll put the phone where it CAN get a signal and use my headset.

Also, if my friends call me up for computer support (not naming anyone who might be on the phone to me for 2 hours cos they can't spell file names right Richard) using my bluetooth means I don't get a crick in my neck from clamping the phone between my ear and my shoulder.

I admit, I look stupid and somewhat like a poor Borg impersonator at a Klingon convention. But, I love my Bluetooth headset and, mock me as you will, I'm not giving it up!