Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Well blow me

I just remembered this today. When I used to work at a large theme park I was issued with a fairly powerful radio (walkie-talkie) which I used to have to carry with me at all times. There were over a hundred people who had radios, so they were pretty commonplace. However, there were only a few of us who discovered a wonderful thing you could do with them.

I can't take the credit for this discovery myself, but I have to admit that it provided me with a huge number of giggles. OK, so here's what we used to do:

1. Go into the gents lav.
2. Enter a cubicle.
3. Wait for a victim to enter the gents.
4. Get your radio out.
5. Wait until the victim is in mid-flow (at the urinal)
6. Press the 'speak' button on your radio.
7. Suppress laughter as the radio causes the electric hand dryer to start blowing
8. Press the 'speak' button on your radio.
9. Suppress laughter as the hand dryer stops.
10. Repeat ad-infinitum whilst the victim becomes increasingly confused/scared.

I lost count of how many times I did this. Some bogs had cubicles you could just see out of which meant that you could time your transmissions to cause the most alarm to the victim. I don't know why it worked but I suppose the radio waves must have just triggered the sensor inside the hand dryer. Oh the fun you can have in a toilet ...

Er ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Er' is right !