Saturday, March 04, 2006

My parent's fabulous phrases

My mum and dad invented some rather excellent words and phrases which were oft used in our household. Here they are:

Buppy - Bread and butter (Mum)
Smiddock - A small amount of food - usually cheese (Dad)
Kapercals - Testicles. Pronounced cap-urr-culls (Dad)
Boosies - Bosoms (Mum)
Supplementary - An additional (large) alcoholic drink (Dad)
Tootie-down - The act of a lady squatting down for an outdoor wee (Mum)
Trouser-cough - A fart (Dad)
Cushion-creeper - A fart surreptitiously relased on a soft sofa (Dad)

Genius

1 comment:

Kelvin Aston said...

It's great to know that I'm not the only one whose parents invented their own language.

I have to be honest - with my Dad it was more phrases than words and, as I type, I realise that they were mostly threats, albeit comedic ones. Possibly that's something I should be seeking counselling about...

Anyway. A small selection which, whilst ridiculous, will remain without definitions as I feel they're self explanatory.

"I'll black your bloody toe nails" - usually said to the dog for some reason.
"I'll three parts never bloody touch you"
"It's cold enough to freeze the hairs off your teeth"
"You'll be off down the road muttering and kicking your hat"

There were more, but these are the ones that spring to mind. Possibly (and disturbingly) because in my dotage I've started using them myself.

Oh dear.