Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back to work


Ho hum. Today was 'back to work day'. Admittedly, I've only had 4 days off (unlike many others) so it wasn't such a pain but I would rather of been doing something else. Mind you, as is always the case, it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd told myself beforehand. In fact, the mildly depressing thing is that it was just the same as when I'd left. There was nothing to tell today apart from the day I finished last week. This made me realise that if I'd actually died, someone new would have got my job, sat at my desk and just carried on where I'd left off. They'd probably even have the remaining two 'cuppa' soup sachets, which are languishing at the bottom of one of my desk drawers.

Life goes on - as they say and that's the real truth. Whatever happens - life goes on. Of course it may not be your life, but life in general will always continue. Now whilst this may sound a bit depressing and morbid, it's actually really positive. If I really had died, it would be nice to know that someone was taking over all my work, making sure things got done, looking after my stapler and making sure my packet soups didn't go to waste.

I'd like that.

No comments: