Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shaken not stirred

Well it's a bit of a rarity - like having hair on my head, but I can say that 'I was there'. We had an earthquake this morning at around 12.55am. As luck would have it, I was awake and surfing the Tinterweb when it struck.

Now I shall get this in perspective. It wasn't exactly the 1906 San Francisco quake, or the 2006 Tsunami quake, but it did shake the house for about 15 seconds. And I mean properly shake the house. It's such a weird experience becuase suddenly the whole of your immediate world begins to rumble and sway and this is without alcohol or rumpy pumpy being involved.

It turns out that it measured 5.3 on the old Richter scale, with the epicentre being about 60 miles from where I was sitting. I don't think there's any damage been done to the house but I was concerned because I thought it might interrupt my iPod Touch software update which was happening at the time. Luckily, the download finished without out a hitch which was a great relief although I was an emotional wreck for about nine seconds.

Life eh?

2 comments:

Kelvin Aston said...

I've actually just properly laughed out loud there.

you're such a geek.

I'm so proud of you :)

Anonymous said...

What a naughty little Earthquake.
Fancy trying to upset you. Tut !
I trust you took some of your 'happy placebos' ?

Mickey B