Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Promoted!

I was obviously so excited about this news that I forgot to write about it. Well, as mentioned previously, Birmingham's chance of promotion to the Premiership was in the balance on Sunday. Well ... thank you Crystal Palace. Oh yeah. They beat Derby 2-0 which meant that the Blues (along with Sunderland) were automatically promoted into the most famous league in the world. No not the West Arbroath Ladies' Under 9's - The Premier League of course.

So it was joy unbounded. My dear chum who is a Derby fan even rang me to tell me the news. It was weird because my wife and I and some friends were just returning from a 7 mile stroll through the countryside (is 7 miles actually a stroll?) enjoying much humorous chit chat, including discussing our favourite toilet roll of choice. Anyway, all of this meant that I totally forgot about the drama which was unfolding down in The Big Smoke. So it was a very pleasant surprise when my phone rang and I heard the news which meant that the Blues are back in the big time. How exciting! I wonder what next season will bring?

Relegation probably.

No comments: