Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Footie woe

Woe is me. Woe is being a Birmingham City fan. Alas, this posting is not a happy one. For those of you who either dislike football or support another club, then this will merely be an opportunity for you to laugh, mock and vilify me. So why am I mooching around with a face like the proverbial 'slapped-arse'? Well, my beloved Birmingham (the Blues) are facing the very raw and real prospect of relegation from the Premier League. This would, of course be the worst thing that could happen in the world. Ever.

My wife shows due reverence when the subject is mentioned. However, as she doesn't actually feel the pain and suffering that I'm currently experiencing, she makes comments such as "Never mind" and "I'm sure they'll get promoted next year". Does she not realize? This is relegation we're talking about! If we go down a division we'll be playing teams like Hull City, Plymouth Argyle and very possibly - Southend United. This is a cataclysmic disaster. A monumental, global calamity. The end of civilization and the human existence as we know it!

Might as well have a beer then.

No comments: