Friday, January 04, 2008

Supreme indifference

I just choked on an apple. I nearly, actually, really, died. I am at work and my boss was standing beside me as my life began to ebb away. She did sod all. I mean really, how close to death do you have to be before your own manager, (another human being let's not forget) either notices or cares about your well-being? It's a bit like Hitler. Oh dear, she's just come back into the office and seen what I'm writing.

I fear death my be my companion sooner than expected.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps she didn't want you waking up during her kiss-of-life and getting the wrong idea ?

p.s. does she have a brother called Anthony ?

Kelvin Aston said...

There's no middle ground is there? The woman I sit next to at work is the first aider and she practically administers the Heimlich Maneuver every time I so much as clear my throat.

If I ever see her with a thermometer in her hand, I'm running. It's not worth the risk...

Anonymous said...

kelvin ... give the girl a break. she just wants to get closer to you.

Kelvin Aston said...

I don't know... there's 'close' and then there's 'indecent assault' and it's a very fine line.

At least, that's what the judge told me.