Saturday, October 06, 2007

Leaning Desk Syndrome

My desk at works leans. My colleague's desk leans too. So either we both co-incidentally, have leaning desks or the whole building is on the wonk. Now if that's the case then it means my workplace has subsidence which is clearly a major safety issue. Therefore, I shall have no option but to leave my job which will result in me being unable to pay the mortgage and then it will get reposessed by the bank and I shall end up living in a Zanussi freezer box, near the bins behind Dolland & Aitchison.

Alternatively, I can just place a small piece of cardboard under the legs to correct the lean and then everything will be fine. Unless, whilst lifting the desk up and stooping to place the cardboard under the legs, I cause my vertebrae to collapse, rendering me unable to walk which will mean I can no longer work which will result in me being unable to pay the mortgage and ... etc etc.

Actually, how do you use a spirit level?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you draw a line on the bottle at the top of the liquid, then a while later draw another line on the top of liquid. That's the way I use the spirit level.

Anonymous said...

Mickey b:
Surely that's how you see if anyone's drinking your beer?
Nick

Anonymous said...

Nicky Baby, no one would dare !!!